New touchscreen SBC unable to connect to mix rack or surface

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting New touchscreen SBC unable to connect to mix rack or surface

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anatolii1976 Anatolii1976 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dymondaudio
    dymondaudio
    Participant

I have installed a new SBC for the touchscreen in a T112. It boots up fine but is unable to connect to the mix rack or surface. I’m assuming this is something to do with the network settings of the new SBC ‘if’ I were able to access the ubuntu command prompt does anyone know how I can configure it to ‘see’ the mix rack and surface?

dymondaudio
    Participant

As A&H no longer support the iLive does anyone know anyone with the capability to programme the touch screen SBC?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Alt+F1 should give you a CLI
    eth0 should be set to 192.168.1.3

make shure you’re using the right software version

dymondaudio
    Participant

I’ve managed to log in and get access to the command prompt but how to I tell it what address it should be on?

I tried adding the network information in etc/network/interfaces but this made not difference.

I added the ip, sub net and gateway but this made no difference

SteffenR
    Participant

what is your IP configuration now?

dymondaudio
    Participant

I edited nano etc/network/interfaces

Made it static and added

Address 192.168.1.3
    Netmask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.254

But this made no difference

When I went back to this file the whole page appeared to be empty and it said new file at the bottom.

I’m not in any way familiar with Ubuntu so I have no idea how to check if what I entered is now gone and I should enter it again.

SteffenR
    Participant

did you made yourself root?
    start the command with sudo
    otherwise you have no writing permission to /etc/network/interfaces

I think the easy way is to write to A&H I guess they will help you with some more information

dymondaudio
    Participant

Yes I am root.

The last time I contacted A&H support regarding the iLive SBC they told me to contact Audio-Technica…

dymondaudio
    Participant

Do these settings look correct

dymondaudio
    Participant

2nd attempt and file size was too big

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dymondaudio
    Participant

Does anyone have a list of things that need to be entered into ubuntu in order for it to see the mix rack and surface?

dymondaudio
    Participant

Ok, so it looks like I’ve fixed it! I was configuring eth0 (because that was what all the forums were telling me) but when I checked it, it was saying no such device and only eth2 and eth3 were showing up so I configured them and it worked! I’ve now got it connected!

Profile photo of hedgian
    hedgian
    Participant

HI Dymondaudio, I have just taken my T80 apart and identified that the SBC is not booting up. just wondering, where did you get your new SBC? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. My local dealer certainly doesn’t have it.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Where are you located……
    In the US, I dealt with this company:
    American Music & Sound
    support@americanmusicandsound.com
    1-800-431-2609

dymondaudio
    Participant

It took me an age to track down a replacement as they are no longer stocked anywhere. I managed to find a second-hand one being sold by a company in Germany, I then had to programme it myself which was not the easiest thing in the world as I am not a software programmer however I managed to do it and it works perfectly to this day.

One thing to try is replacing the bios battery as these will stop it booting if it’s flat.

If you remove your SBC you’ll be able to find out the make and model, they are not all the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.