New SQ5 or 2019 version

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions New SQ5 or 2019 version

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GINOPO GINOPO 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peterzoetermeer
    peterzoetermeer
    Participant

Best,
    I bought an Sq5 in 2019, but I think I want a new one my question is the 2019 version exactly the same or have things improved with the younger version? or is a new one qua components exactly the same?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I’m sure some of the basic components have changed over time with suppliers changing or component availability changing. A hypothetical example might be a resister in the 2019 model is from a different manufacturer than the same resistor in the 2023 model or a transistor in the 2019 has slightly different specs than one in the 2023 model. But nothing that would affect the overall performance of the console. Your 2019 model is going to work exactly the same as a model built in 2023. If you are considering buying a new model to get “new” components, that would be a complete waste of money.

Profile photo of GINOPO
    GINOPO
    Participant

V1.5.9
    Additional Features:
    ID-1904: Support for latest SQ hardware following component changes

Last release. Do you know if they can do a hardware upgrade in assistance?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Again, there is no need to do a “hardware upgrade”. A&H has had to change internal components over time as suppliers and chip availability has changed over time. The “new” components are not better or worse, they are just different. Sometimes the firmware needs to be updated to accommodate the new components, sometimes it doesn’t.

The fact that there is no different in the user experience between any of the SQ models (old or new) should tell you how insignificant these changes have been over time.

Profile photo of GINOPO
    GINOPO
    Participant

OK. Having to vary the firmware, I thought of other types of modifications. Better this way.
    Thanks again 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.