Need help with Avantis.

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Need help with Avantis.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FostexFostex
    Participant

I am very new to Allen and heath. We are using a Avantis solo as a live stream console. I can’t figure out how to create St Auxs for utilizing waves super rack. Can I get a little help on this matter.

Profile photo of SteffenRSteffenR
    Participant

What exactly is the problem?
    To configure the aux buses or to route them to the Waves Rack?

Profile photo of BrianBrian
    Participant

The way you set up auxes is exactly the same regardless of how you plan to use them. So the fact that you want to send the audio from the aux to Waves has no bearing on how it is set up in the console. You’ll need to go to the setup screen where you assign the available busses and make sure you have created enough stereo busses for your needs.

Once the stereo busses are set up, you can use the routing tab to properly set up the buss to send and then receive back audio from the Waves system. In the same way, should you simply want to use an “insert” on a channel or buss to send audio to and then receive audio back from Waves, this can also be done at the routing page (but can also be set up on the channel insert page).

Profile photo of FostexFostex
    Participant

Thank you for responding
    Okay, the routing from the Avantis to the Mac Studio is quite confusing. I need to use 6 more Auxs in order to run the effects I want in my live stream. What I am finding is the Avantis really isn’t user friendly in that way. But my need is, I need to route them from the Avantis to the waves super rack.

Thanks
    David

Participant

I think the easiest way to accomplish this is to use the “insert” of each aux buss you want to use for Waves. Open the desired aux on the console -> select the insert tab and then choose the appropriate I/O card (whatever slot your Waves card it plugged into) and the appropriate channel for this use and select it for both the “output” of the insert as well as the “return” of the insert. For example, if you want to use stereo Aux 1 for a Waves FX rack and you are using channel 1+2 on the Waves card plugged into I/O card slot 1, then this is how you need to set up the insert: I/O card 1 – channel/socket 1&2.

Obviously you’ll also need to make sure everything is routed correctly on your Waves system. Using that same example, you need to make sure that the Waves card channel 1&2 are going to the appropriate Waves rack and being returned the same way.

Long story short, it is actually very easy to route things like this using inserts. In fact, design wise/conceptually, it is the same process you would take to route it on an analog board.

Profile photo of SteffenRSteffenR
    Participant

What I am finding is the Avantis really isn’t user friendly in that way.

It is a complex task, and it is very user-friendly.

We still miss the information how your Waves rack is connected to the Avantis.

I need to use 6 more Auxs in order to run the effects I want in my live stream.

Of course, you need them. But if you don’t use some internal FX you can get rid of the internal FX sends.

Participant

Also, you don’t have to use Auxes to send your audio to Waves. Auxes are the appropriate solution if you need to group inputs together before sending them to Waves, but if you just need to send a single input to a particular Waves rack, then you can simply use the “Insert” function on that particular channel. It will work the same way as I described in my last post regarding using inserts on aux sends except that channels have TWO insert points that you can choose from.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.