MultiTrack WAV files not recognized

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting MultiTrack WAV files not recognized

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rhodco
    Rhodco
    Participant

We can record MultiTrack to a USB stick, change I/O patches, and play back those recordings through the sound system with no problem as long as we leave the recordings on the USB stick. The issue is that we wish to store a library of recordings to a separate device (NAS or Windows Server) as .WAV files in their original unchanged format. Then, copy the .WAV files associated with a session to the USB drive in the original locations (same folder structure) and play them back. When we try this, the SQ cannot find them. Nothing about these .WAV files has been changed, they were simply moved from the original device to another, then retrieved and put back in their original location. I do not understand why the SQ cannot recognize those files when they are returned to the original device in the original folder locations. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Have you tried copying the files back to the required location on a freshly formatted by SQ drive?

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

It does seem that the disk format for the SQ Drive is (somewhat) proprietary. I always freshly format any disk (spinning, SSD or USB stick) in my desk before I do anything file related. I’d be curious to hear from Keith if my thoughts on the format are correct.

D.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

SQ has Bugs in FAT Driver… I reported 2 Bugs regarding issues, which also lead to Data loss.

tourtelot
    Participant

Tobi-

Can I assume that you have not heard back regarding this? Workaround, fix?

D.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Not really… one workaround, which is not really confirmed, was: have less Files than 240 on the Drive. My Feeling is that the Data loss Problem I discovered will Not be fixed by that.

tourtelot
    Participant

Concerning the data loss problem (that is a BIG problem), what media are you having problems with? USB sticks? I have done a bit of experimenting with media and so far (and I wish I was firmly convinced that this was true), outboard powered HDDs, both SSD and spinning have been working for me. Around 17-20 tracks at 24/48. I have not tried higher track counts or higher SRs, and I ALWAYS run a backup via Dante on a MBP running Reaper.

I really wish I felt more confident about recording off the SQ desk. I never worry about reliability with my JoeCo BBR or my Sound Devices 788T. I don’t even sweat reliability on my MBP/Reaper and I HATE recording to computers.

Sigh.

D.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Medium does Not Matter… USB, SSD,… BTW… Not recordings get lost, I only could confirm loss of Show Files until now.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.