Multitrack Playback / Bad Unit?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting Multitrack Playback / Bad Unit?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of robbocurry robbocurry 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glenndincnj
    glenndincnj
    Participant

I think I might have a bad 20B unit. Got it today. Had twenty something Scenes saved in it already. Only way I could connect was with a LAN cable (after that, got Wifi & BT working). So might be the unit or I might just not be understanding something. Anyway…

I recorded a few channels (one mic, stereo keys in the ST1 IN channels). No problem. Can move the SD card over to my computer and listen to the individual wave files. But when I try to play it back, the meters for the appropriate channels are lighting up but I don’t hear anything. There is no fader for the Multitrack like there is for USB Stereo playback.

Do you have to do something or should it just play back? I would assume I was doing something wrong except I am wondering if this was actually a returned/refurbed/demo unit already and is bad. It wasn’t listed as one on Sweetwater as one.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Multitrack playback doesn’t have dedicated return channels. Instead, it can be set as a source for all mono and stereo inputs. Have you selected USB/SD as the source for the input channels, in the CONFIG screen?

Profile photo of glenndincnj
    glenndincnj
    Participant

Ah! No I did not. Got it! Thanks!!!

Profile photo of artisticdrummer
    artisticdrummer
    Participant

I have the exact same problem, and unfortunately, after trying to assign to a dedicated return channel (both mono & stereo), I was unable to get sound. All the bars in the multitrack recording section do have data.

Profile photo of bullmoon
    bullmoon
    Participant

When you switch between recording and playback, you have to go into Config and change the channel input from Analog to USB/SDHC so that the recorded audio is played back through the channel.

artisticdrummer
    Participant

Tried switching from analog to USB/SDHC on several analog input channels and the stereo input channels with no luck. Is there a specific channel that playback from the SDHC has to be applied to?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@artisticdrummer

Audio will playback to the channel it was recorded from.
    So if you recorded input channel 5 to the SD card, then when you play the recording back, you would switch the input source of input 5 to USB/SD have the recorded audio play back through that channel.

Thanks,
    Keith.

artisticdrummer
    Participant

Okay, thank you for the explanation! I just wish there was a faster way to review the recording during rehearsal than switching all the inputs to the SD card.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@artisticdrummer

If you’re not already aware – you can use multiselect to select all inputs and switch the source for all of them simultaneously, which takes just a few seconds.
    On the 12T and 18T you can also swipe your finger over the input sockets with multi select on to make selection/deselection even faster!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

On my CQ18 it took me less than 8 seconds to multi select and switch between analogue and sd card input…….🤦

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Not a long process…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.