More local AES outputs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions More local AES outputs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Soundave Soundave 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

An AES card for the SQ series would REALLY help. Considering the lesser consoles of a certain competitor have 2 AES, which are both needed for common L,R,SUB,FILL outputs. The DX012 seems like monetary overkill when usually only two AES are needed.

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

I’ve nothing against your suggestion and understand it, but in reality I can’t really see A&H doing a card that puts more I/O at the console and not remote.

For remote, having less than 16 either ins or outs doesn’t really make sense as the capacity of DX (32 x 32 with cascade) wouldn’t be being exploited. Therefore the DX012 which can do 16 AES out makes sense in the range. If you don’t need all as AES you do have the bonus of more remote analog outputs available for wedges/IEMs.

Perhaps there’s a market for ‘mini’ DX expanders that handle 8 x 8 and cascading to a max of 4? I’ve no idea whether that would ever even be possible!

Soundave
    Participant

A $120 card to get one or two extra AES outs would be much more utilized by sq owners ( My completely un-researched claim) than the $1,200 8 AES out remote box CURRENTLY OFFERED.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

If you are in the digital output, consider dante.

With a avio adapter ore a solution of an other brand everething is possible.

Richard

Soundave
    Participant

OK, how about a small aes expander box (2 or 3 ch) which can be linked to a gx stage box.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.