Momentary Layer Change

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Momentary Layer Change

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jonathanhatch jonathanhatch 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mo
    Mo
    Participant

Hello there Ladies and Gentlemen,

I love working in the dLive environment (actually it’s my favourite live-console on the market right now), but I always miss one particular feature which I loved while working on a mixing console built by another brand. Unfortunatly I built a lot of my workflow on the other console…

Is it possible to make the Layer-Buttons also “momentary”? Means: When I push and release them “short” – Layer changes like before (what else?).
    When I press and hold the Layer Button, it would change the Layer to the one I want to go to as long as I’m pressing down the button – releasing the button would let me back to my Previous Layer.

Is it kind of understandable what I meant? Hopefully it is not confusinng at all… This function also working with DCA-Spills or Mix On Fader would increase my speed and flexibility on Monitor as well as on FoH position a lot.

Thanks for reading!

Greetings from Cologne, Germany!

Mo.

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

This is a really good suggestion. One that is simple to implement and doesn’t break or change anyone elses workflows. Do I need it personally? Absolutely not…I would forget it was there real quick. Should it be implemented? Absolutely.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

+1 I could totally see how that’d be useful.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

+1 – I can also see where this would be very helpful.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I have used a mixer that did something similar for solo – short press and release would engage solo and latch it, and long press would engage solo until the button is released. I could see how that could be useful for layers too.

Profile photo of jonathanhatch
    jonathanhatch
    Participant

+1 for how msteel suggested.

Single press is a typical latch and switch to later, while a momentary hold switches back to the previous layer upon release. This is also similar to how most comms and push to talks work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.