MixPad suggestions

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions MixPad suggestions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DMuijen DMuijen 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DMuijen
    DMuijen
    Participant

Hello,

Just to start with, I really like the way the updates are getting along. we’ve had a couple of SQ-5 mixes sinds v1.1 or close to it and they really are evolving quite nicely. same goes for the MixApp, especially sinds there now is a version that runs on MacOS.

I do have a couple of suggestions for the MixAppp.

I use my iPad more as a extra viewing screen rather then making changes with it so the main screen of the mixer is free to use, with that in mind I would really like to see a more custom arrangeable viewing screen for example: getting a overview of just the compressor or gate screens for multiple channels at a time. (about the same as you see in the processing tab, but then for multiple channels at a time)

It would also be nice to have acces to the utility tab from the MixApp to have some feedback on what the SQ drive or AMM are doing.

Last but not least and said by many other forum users it would be nice to have a RTA overlay within the PEQ.

I would like to hear the thoughts of Allen and Heath and other forum users on these subject!

Thanks in advanced.

Profile photo of DMuijen
    DMuijen
    Participant

Also, I forgot to add in my comment above, would it be possible to have the selected channel in the MixApp follow the channel that is selected physically on the desk?

Thanks again!

Profile photo of Nanex
    Nanex
    Participant

Also, I forgot to add in my comment above, would it be possible to have the selected channel in the MixApp follow the channel that is selected physically on the desk?

Thanks again!

This already works.
    You have to activate this on the settings in the mixpad app.
    so I have three screens
    iPad for Gate
    Macbook for Compressor
    SQ5 for PEQ
    As soon as I press the select button of any channel I am able to see everything of that channel directly on it’s specific screen

Since that has been added, I don’t even need the mixer follows surface option on the SQ, because I see everything on the three screens
    You could also add another iPad or macbook to see the Meters or anything like that.

Profile photo of DMuijen
    DMuijen
    Participant

Thanks Nanex for youre reply, I found it! Somehow I missed that tab 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.