MixPad Soft-Key Shortcuts

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions MixPad Soft-Key Shortcuts

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jos Jos 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jos
    Jos
    Participant

Within MixPad, we have the ability to set the function for various soft keys (it’s in an odd place, but it’s there!). However, we don’t have the ability to trigger any of those soft keys in the interface, nor can we set custom keyboard shortcuts to perform specific actions. In particular, this is problematic because we don’t have a way to advance from scene to scene except by clicking “Scenes”, then selecting a scene from the list, then hitting “Go”, and finally clicking “OK” to confirm the change. In addition to being very inefficient and click-heavy, this makes it very difficult to compare two scenes by flipping back and forth between them to compare the changes.

It would be great to have at least some soft-key functionality enabled in MixPad. Having at least a few soft keys on screen that could be assigned tasks as they would be on the mixer would be great, even if some of the assigned functions would have no effect in MixPad.

Alternately, it would be cool to have a keyboard shortcut that acts as a soft-key: for instance, hitting Cmd-1 through Cmd-0 would trigger soft keys 1 through 10, just as if you’d tapped them on the mixer. Again, not all soft-key-assigned functions would have any effect in MixPad, but this would enable us to assign soft key 1 to “Scene Recall Go” and then trigger it.

Profile photo of Dilettant
    Dilettant
    Participant

You can add Soft keys to the fader banks and trigger them there in Mixpad.

Profile photo of Jos
    Jos
    Participant

Interesting! I hadn’t realized you could trigger them there — I had found them in the layers but hadn’t seen that yet. Thanks!

Profile photo of Jos
    Jos
    Participant

For anyone wondering, like I was, how this worked: it only works when you’re actually connected to a mixer. In offline mode, you can’t assign soft keys to the fader strips and clicking on the soft-key items in the fader strips doesn’t do anything. You can assign the function of the soft keys in offline mode, but that’s about it. (Interestingly, so far as I can find, there’s no ability to do anything with the soft rotaries in offline mode, even if you tell MixPad you’re emulating an SQ-6/SQ-7.)

This, then, renews the request for this feature: if I can’t change the status of a soft key in offline mode, it’s much harder to plan out a show in Offline mode (and in some ways not possible to do so).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.