ME PoE Hub

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions ME PoE Hub

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kade Kade 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kade
    Kade
    Participant

Hi I’m looking for a 3rd party PoE hub that is compatible with ME-1 or ME-500.
    I found a product called D-Link DES-1210-28P, is this product compatible?
    As recommended, it’s Leyer 2 and supports 802.3af, 802.3at! The speed is 100Mbps or higher, of course!
    I’ve asked the seller of this product, and they’re not sure if the power saving mode called D-Link Green will affect it, is it okay to use this product?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Kade,

The DES-1210-28P is a managed switch. It will likely need some configuration to disable protocols and services and troubleshooting. If you cannot disable the Green features, these might well affect audio (they are known to be problematic with other audio protocols such as Dante). A safer bet would be an unmanaged, 100Mbps PoE switch.

Also make sure the total PoE budget can serve the number of ME-1 units you need. The datasheet says 193W which will not power more than 12-13 units despite the number of PoE ports.

More info here: https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403292650641-ME-Compatibility-with-third-party-switch

Profile photo of Kade
    Kade
    Participant

Thank you.
    Then, D-Link DES-1018MP recommended by another user. Is this product okay? I don’t think it has a green function!
    When I talked to the salesperson above, he said he wasn’t sure that this was Layer 2.

Profile photo of Kade
    Kade
    Participant

Let me ask you one other product, too.
    Can I use Iptime PoE 24004 or PoE 802?
    I thought PoE hub would be okay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.