ME-500 USB Drive Format

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-500 USB Drive Format

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BradM BradM 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BradM
    BradM
    Participant

We have ME-500s at my church, and I’m trying to save my mix settings to a USB drive. The drive I’ve tried so far is a 2 GB sandisk drive. When I insert it, the USB icon on the ME-500 just flashes. As I understand it, this means that there is something wrong with the drive.

My questions…

I think the drive is formatted as FAT32. Does it need to be a different format?

Or is this otherwise an unsupported drive, either because of the size or something else with these older SanDisk drives?

I have another drive I will eventually get a chance to try, but if I can go into it with some more knowledge, maybe I can get it to work next time.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Dale
    Dale
    Participant

I also have the same issues. I just purchased 7 ME-1’s and none of them will recognize the USB stick(s). It will either start and then crash until i cycle power or switch to a key flash mode without triggering an action to save the config to the USB. I have tried old 2GB and new 16 & 32GB formated for FAT32 with nothing on them. I really can’t believe this is still a problem since these theads started in 2013. So far I have not been able to transfer my default config to the other units. Very frustrating!.

Profile photo of BradM
    BradM
    Participant

Hi @dbromley I was able to get mine to work with a 16GB FAT32 drive. I didn’t have anything else on the drive. I’m not sure if that matters or not. I know you mentioned you did the same. I used an old SanDisk drive. I guess someone else with more expertise, or perhaps someone from A&H could provide a more knowledgeable response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.