ME-1 sound change everyday

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 sound change everyday

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rr
    rr
    Participant

in every monthly show, my musicians will say that the sound is particularly good today, and after a few days, they may say why the sound is so bad today。I didn’t change the parameters when they said the sound was good, and I didn’t change some parameters when they said it was bad
    I’ve checked every possible issue, but nothing has solved it。

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Do all the musicians say the same thing on the same day (ie it’s either all good or all bad, not not a mix of good and bad on the same day??).

Are you utilizing ambient and/or crowd mics? Is it possible that the audience sound was different on the good vs bad days? (ie some days it’s too soft or too loud, etc??).

Is the band locked in better than normal on good days?

You really need to press the musicians when they say “today was a good day” and find out WHY it is better. They need to be as specific as possible to help understand what changes week to week. Honestly I don’t think you will find that the “system” is changing, but rather some other variables (some of which I mention above, but there are lot of other variables it could be as well).

Profile photo of JohnH
    JohnH
    Participant

Having the same issues. I work at a church and our musicians/vocalists say that things get muddy from soundcheck/rehearsal earlier in the morning to actual services. We use Avantis for our FOH console and have the pick point set at the preamp and are feeing the MEs straight from the the direct outs, but they are all claiming that volumes change…eq’s change & etc. Anyone with any ideas what could be happening?

Profile photo of Maximus
    Maximus
    Participant

Hi,

So I came hear searching for an answer to the same question. We have been practicing non stop with all our musos the last 4 weeks and had a lot of stage time together and encountered the same issue. Mix would sound great in the morning and dull when we run our second service or even just the next weeks service.

So today we practiced – and right after practice unplugged the power en Ethernet cables and immediately afterwords plugged and checked if it sounded better. It definitely did! Not sure if it some kind of static build up or some other gremlin…we will be testing our hypothesis now weekly to see if our theory holds or whether it was coincidence or a placebo effect.

Let me know if this works for you too?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

These could be unrelated cases so I suggest you each open a ticket with our Support team who can look into this further, but the first things I would check are:
    – Are there any Show file or Scene changes in the mixer that could affect ME-1 audio? Any change to the pick-up point for Direct Out, stereo link on ME outputs or similar.
    – Is the mixer clock (Audio Sync) set properly to a valid source (typically Internal unless syncing from another mixer)? If not, clock on the ME system can drift to the point of affecting the audio or even muting the audio.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.