ME-1 short circuited by water – ME-U seems to be fried

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 short circuited by water – ME-U seems to be fried

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RyanR
    RyanR
    Participant

We are running 8 ME-1 units in parallel, all running directly off of the ME-U distro. They are being powered via PoE. We had a leak in our ceiling, causing water to drop directly onto 1 of the 8 ME-1 units. After firing up the system, all 8 ME-1 units power cycle intermittently, about every 30 seconds, only staying on for less that 5 seconds. My ME-U distro (with a dante card) is also connecting and disconnecting intermittently to the Dante network. The ME-U is flashing orange on the network port, with no other lights illuminating other than the dante primary and secondary ports. Is it possible that on the ME-1 that got wet, the PoE short circuited and caused the entire ME-U distro to get fried? What are some ways I can diagnose exactly what is happening? These issues are 100% correlated to that single ME-1 unit getting wet.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Ryan
    I would try taking one of the undamaged (dry) ME-1 units and seeing if it will work normally in each ME-U socket one by one. After that you could reconnect other ME-1 units one at a time and see if that shows you where exactly the problem is.
    Hope this helps.
    – Jeff

Profile photo of RyanR
    RyanR
    Participant

Jeff, when I do this the problem continues, regardless of which port each ME-1 was in. They continued to flash on and off about every 30 seconds, only staying on for about 5 seconds. Any other ideas?

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Ryan
    I’m not sure what else to try, sorry. I guess you’re best off contacting tech support.
    – Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.