ME-1 noise on line output

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 noise on line output

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lirum Lirum 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lirum
    Lirum
    Participant

We have a QU-PAC/ME-1 IEM rig for our band. Firmware up to date all units including the mixer.
    For wireless IEM we use Sennheiser XSW systems in stereo with a Venue RF antenna combiner and external antenna. ME-1’s are powered by a POE switch. When connecting them to the QU-PAC’s XLR outs it is a noise free system. When connecting the IEM headphones (or any set of headphones) to the ME-1 there is no background noise on the minijack output or the 1/4 jack output whatsoever.

In order to use the ME-1’s to control our IEM mix we need to take the output from the ME-1 and feed it into the XSW’s, and have made cables according to the ME-1 user guide page 15 (TRS stereo split). When cabling the ME-1’s output back to the XSW’s we get an annoying background noise (almost like a low level pink noise) no matter how we adjust the gain staging. Different cable solutions give the same result, and there is no difference in the background noise level if we connect mono jack cables, stereo TRS-TRS, or use TRS-XLR adapters from the ME-1 output to the XSW’s.

Anybody have an advise?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.