Maybe someone can help with weird QU-32 Problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Maybe someone can help with weird QU-32 Problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of webe123
    webe123
    Participant

OK I am the guitar player for my church and our board is a Allen and Heath QU-32…but for about 3 to 4 months now I have been having problems with my headphones switching off, this was NOT done by our soundman…he would have to go into other menus to get this done.And he is not very proficient at technical things like that. Now I am NO soundman…I want to make that clear, but to add to the strangeness….last Wenesday night at service they got a complaint that our facebook audio feed that goes through our board was OFF the whole service! Our pastor opened up the mobile app…(He was a soundman for a long time) and found out that ALL of the channels had somehow been muted…again…this was NOT the work of our soundman! So the ONLY conclusion that we can draw..is somehow the board is doing this on it’s own…how I do not know. But I suggested to our pastor that we update both our firmware and software for the board and sent him the official links to do that. But other than that I am lost at how to help him get this resolved…so I came here. Has anyone had any kind of bad experiences with the QU-32 turning off channels on it’s own? I did not think that was even possible….I was told you had to go into each channel and make the changes….yet NO ONE as far as I know made any such changes to the board…and why would they in the first place?It is a mystery to us…maybe someone knows what is going on? Or maybe something we can try I did not mention? If anyone has any ideas…please post them here. Thanks.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Maybe the board starts up in a scene where everything is muted ?

Giga

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

The users (Basic, Standard, Admin) can have “User scenes” that are recalled at login.

Are softkeys configured for scene recall or mute groups?

Is the console connected to the network?

You wrote that you stream to facebook – by USB?
    Then some software on the PC could control the Qu by Midi – maybe the streaming software itself?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

is somehow the board is doing this on it’s own…

No, of course not.

Has anyone had any kind of bad experiences with the QU-32 turning off channels on it’s own?

You would have read about it in numerous posts, if this would be the case.

Can you save a show and transfer it to us? Make sure it’s the current show, with all possible scenes.
    The other possible way to go, could to ask the support team from Allen & Heath.

My suspicion is that something is wrong with scenes and user defined buttons.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.