Low input and output audio levels with Dante

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Low input and output audio levels with Dante

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

Using dLive CDM48 and CS3500 for the first time in a larger musical, with Dante 64X64 card in the mixrack. Shure ULXD wireless, 32 channels. Cisco 350 series switch separated into two VLANs, control on one and Dante on the other. Everything working nicely except I find that audio input levels from the Shure receivers must be boosted by at least 10 dB to get the necessary signal levels. Also note that the output levels are similarly affected, using QSC powered speakers and had to go to the 15 dB boost for sufficient output. Is this normal with Dante/Shure/dLive? No issues with quality or noise, just levels. Thanks.

Profile photo of Nicole A&H
    Nicole A&H

Hi @geep,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this.
    If this is still an issue, please submit a ticket at support/allen-heath.com
    It would be helpful to have your set up in more detail accompanied by a show file, to determine whether this is a software issue or something simple that is perhaps being missed in the digital signal chain.

Kindest Regards,

Profile photo of Geep
    Geep
    Participant

I don’t think it has anything to do with the show file, as the local theater company I lent the desk to over the summer reported the same issue to me when I asked about it. I’ll follow up once I have completed the current production, levels are all set and I don’t need to change them now. Thank you.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Where are your meters on the ULXD?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.