Limiter Gone Crazy!

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Limiter Gone Crazy!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of sandman sandman 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sandman
    sandman
    Participant

Hello,
    We have a nine year old iLive T-112. It still runs great, but all of a sudden we have an issue with the Limiter. When I powered it up today, the Limiter section on the “strip” across the top caught my eye. The Gain Reduction lights were all flashing red. I went to the Limiter box on the touchscreen and I saw that the Gain Reduction is pulsing and reducing the gain all the way down.
    This was on one of our handheld mic channels. The mic was not turned on. I checked all the other inputs and discovered that only certain ones caused this: the kick drum mic, the pulpit mic, 4 of the 11 handheld mics, a french horn mic. No connection between them that I’m aware of.
    Fortunately, we don’t use the Limiter at all, so it has no effect on anything that we do…that I’m aware of.
    Is this something I should have checked out? Or since we don’t use it, should I just overlook it?
    Trying to get about two more years out of it and then upgrade to a dLive.
    Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.