Library Management – Ran Out of Memory

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Library Management – Ran Out of Memory

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of selting selting 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of selting
    selting
    Participant

Over the past six or eight years I have been saving custom EQ’s, Compressor, Limiter, and house EQ settings in the on-board library of our iLive 144. About six months or so ago I started getting error messages when trying to say new settings that there is no more room in the library to save any more custom settings. As a church we have many singers and instrumentalist who come and go so there are many previously saved settings that I could eliminate but I do not see any way to delete individual files – it appears that all I can do is delete all of them and start over. What is the best process to go about freeing up memory again. I would like to save most of the settings, but not all.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Library manager won’t let you delete individual files?
    It’s possible that it’s a restriction(or a user access permission) of the 144, I’m on a T112, but with LM I can remove individually what I don’t want to keep without it being ‘all or nothing’.

I’ve also noticed that the “library” files(in our setup anyway T112 v1.91) are specific to a saved show, and recalled with said show, not saved to the surface as separate files outside of a show file.
    If I want another operators input setup file for a singer, I have to open one of their shows and copy the library file to a usb file that I then can copy into my show to use.

Can you save your library files to USB and use them from there? That would also allow you to edit/delete ones you don’t want.
    Only limitation then would be your USB size.

Profile photo of selting
    selting
    Participant

The only option I am presented with is “Delete Library” and I have been reluctant to even touch that button. I do have all of our shows saved and indeed, the library is saved to each one. I suppose I would not be out anything in trying it to see what would happen – all I would have to do is recall the show again and all would be restored. I have saved the library’s to the same jump drive so worse case i just load back the ones I want to keep. Might be a time consuming process if I have to do them individually. But at least I would still have them. Thanks for the help.

Profile photo of selting
    selting
    Participant

I got into the library manager on the iLive Editor to try see about deleting library settings and it turns out that the “Delete Library” button seems to only delete the setting that is highlighted or selected rather than the entire library. I am hoping I will be able to do the same thing on the console. It will be great if that is the case.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I am also at a church. You can move libraries onto an external USB. This is what I do for our musicians who only play once or twice a year (i.e. big orchestra and team for Christmas/Easter). I also regularly copy all libraries and shows to the USB as a backup to what is saved internally.

HTH.

Tim

Profile photo of selting
    selting
    Participant

Thanks for the help. I save every week as a separate show to the USB drive so I always have a copy of it, but try to use the same default show each week as a starting point so everything we have done recently is always available if needed. This is probably why I ran out of memory. I do occasionally backup the libraries on the same drive but have never had to use them. Sounds like I should clean out some of the library items on the console and use the stored ones on the USB as needed.

It will be a few days before I get back to the church and the console, but I am hoping that I can delete individual library items there as I did on the Editor. If that is the case it will make plenty of room. When the only option offered is “Delete Library” I was concerned about even trying it before. Now I am feeling better because I know I can always recall individual items from the USB if need be.

Thanks again.

Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.