Is there an effects list for CQ mixers?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Is there an effects list for CQ mixers?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Editorman1 Editorman1 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Matmah
    Matmah
    Participant

I know it has only been released, and they haven’t even uploaded a manual for it. When they do though I doubt there will be an fx list, but has anyone got one?

I have downloaded the app and in demo mode I cannot seem to change any of the fx to different, so I cannot see what they have there. I am ready to buy one, but need to see if it is suitable.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

I believe it’s fixed. But it has different settings for each unit. That could change down the road.

Profile photo of Matmah
    Matmah
    Participant

Only 4 effects? I am sure i heard some others mentioned in one of the videos. If i am wrong, I think it is seriously lacking for a digital mixer. If thats the standard amount ans there idea is to charge for them, then I think I might have to look at an alternative.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

While I have not looked at the CQ app demo I know on the QU the some of the options are blocked in the demo mode.

For simple compact mixer uses four FX should be enough.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have just purchased the CQ20B, and although I have gone through it setting up the channel names/uses etc, it will be Tuesday of this week when I get to see how it stacks up against my QUSB setup at a band rehearsal. Mike is right, 4 FX should be more than enough. That is one portion of the QU series that in my opinion was/is the weak link, I have yet in all the years and 100’s of gigs/shows to actually setup a really good sounding reverb.

The CQ will be primarily for the band I play in with the QUSB/AB168 reserved for PA hire.

Profile photo of blaggers
    blaggers
    Participant

Have just been through my unit (CQ-18T) and listed them below. There is EQ, Compressor and oise c=gate on each channel. And four FX slots (Same number as QU series) – each FX slot can be an insert or shared across channels.

Easy Verb – 9 types
    • Vocal Classis
    • Vocal Echo
    • Vocal Intimate
    • String Slap
    • Percussion
    • Drum Room
    • String
    • Bass
    • Woodwind
    • Piano
    EchoVerb
    Space Verb – 12 types
    • Large Hall
    • Small Hall
    • Bright Hall
    • Chamber
    • Arena
    • Cathedral
    • Large Room
    • Small Room
    • Plate
    • Gold Plate
    • Echo Plate
    • Forever Plate
    Echo Delay
    Tap Delay
    Stereo Delay
    Beat Delay
    Double Tracker
    Chorus
    Flanger
    Phaser

Profile photo of Matmah
    Matmah
    Participant

Thanks for that, it is a massive help. I know most people wouldn’t need them, but was really hoping there was going to be some vintage pre-amps, tube stage and some sort of stereo enhancer.

Profile photo of Matmah
    Matmah
    Participant

Lee7, I am sure it is more than capable for small band use. Pretty much I only see the reverb and maybe a compressor being used in that situation. I think it will be great for that.

They are also pushing this towards the production crowd and electronic artists, so was hoping for a few other effects for synths, drum machines etc. Could have saved using a few external boxes.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What effects are you looking for?

Two verbs and a delay can cover most of what I need.

For what it’s worth out of the box the A&H effects sound much better
    than the X/M32 effects.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@mike C

I was working over in Ireland about 4 years ago and the engineer was using an iLive, which as you know, the QU shares the same effects. So I copied his settings which I still use as they seemed to be the best that I could get out of the reverb. Regarding the X32, when I was on monitors for my mate who used the X32, I always liked the reverb that he got from it compared to the QU.

Profile photo of Editorman1
    Editorman1
    Participant

Delay repeats control? I’m only getting a faint 2 repeats on my delays, any function for adding more feedback or delay repeats?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.