Is programatic access to channels in a mute group possible?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Is programatic access to channels in a mute group possible?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom Tom 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

I am wondering if there is a way to have a script or app get the channel list for a mute group? I want to have the app scan a mute group for its channel list then generate the list of commands to mute the channels individually which will be triggered by a button in companion as opposed to using the mute group function on the board. This will allow us to individually unmute channels without unmuting the entire group or running into the double muting scenarios that happen regularly. I can create a static list now but it is not so easily updated if you make changes for a scene or show. Creating the mute groups on the board is the easiest and most efficient way to accomplish that goal, I am just looking for a dynamic way to effectively create my own mute group button. Responses may be a simple NO but if there are any caveats that would be helpful to know as well.

Thanks
    Tom

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Nothing that’s documented.

It’s not part of the MIDI spec so that route is closed.

MixPad does it, and so does Mixing Station (which David created by reverse engineering the protocol that MixPad uses), so it’s possible, but you would have to reverse engineer it yourself. Allen & Heath are very unlikely to release the spec.

OSC support has been asked for several times for many products, but no sign yet that it is being considered.

I’ve been looking into Stream Deck / Companion myself the last couple of days. It looks like the SQ Companion connector has been abandoned by the developer. Stream Deck has a MIDI plugin now though that looks like it will do most things that the SQ provides access to.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Thanks for the response Dave. I don’t see myself reverse engineering the mixpad to get a solution, so for now I will let it go. As for companion, you are right, you are totally dependant on the person who creates the module and since the major upgrade to v3.0 of companion some of the modules I use have not been updated and do not function correctly including the SQ module. Open source software has it’s pros but this is certainly a con.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.