Is it possible to add a DCA?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Is it possible to add a DCA?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Headfirst7491 Headfirst7491 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CGreenTX
    CGreenTX
    Participant

I was shocked at the lack of DCA’s. I bought this to replace my Soundcraft UI24R and the lack of DCA’s broke all my process. I’m currently working around it with iDCAs using Mixing Station, but this seems like a super simple thing to integrate into the app side of things with minimal cost to processing.

+1

Chris

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@cgreentx

Surely you read the online manual or watched any of the online videos done by Keith from A&H showing you what features etc the CQ series have?

Profile photo of Perryr
    Perryr
    Participant

1, preferably 2 DCA’s please. for me Drums and Vocals are nice to have on DCA when mixing from stage.

Profile photo of JoeB63
    JoeB63
    Participant

Yes, DCAs please. I moved from a XR18 to the CQ20, and lack of DCAs is unfortunate. On the XR18, we had a DCA for the drums, a DCA for vocals, a DCA for all of the (non-drum) instruments, and a 4th one for the Effects, so we could easily mute them (for talking), or to reduce reverb in a reverby room.

It’s particularly important for the drums and vocals.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Mixing station has iDCA feature already if you can’t wait for A&H to add it. It works great and you can add pseudo mute groups too. Very handy!

Profile photo of ben
    ben
    Participant

+1 for this feature. I just moved to CQ20B from an XR18, and I think DCAs and mute groups are the only real omission for the way i use it.

Profile photo of Mandel
    Mandel
    Participant

I’m Not sure if this is the right topic to post about here. I’m using the main outs for the tops and the aux for the sub, Because my speakers dont have a built in crossover, so I Set the EQ to act as a crossover. My problem is, when I want to raise or lower the overall volume, I need to do it 2 times, Once, at the main fader (for the tops) and the second time at the aux fader (for the sub). This is pretty disappointing, I haven’t expected this with the CQ18. Am I missing some Information on how to do it correctly? I read the manual, And played around a bit on the mixer to figure out a way to control Everything with one fader, but haven’t been able. Does anyone have any advice or can Tell me where is the appropriate place to post this question? Would be much appreciated, thank you.

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

See page 63 of the users manual, OUTPUT section:

Input Send Levels (Out 1-6 only) – Select whether send levels from the inputs are
    Pre Fader (independent of send levels to the Main LR output) or Post Fader (they
    ‘follow’ and are relative to the send levels of inputs to the Main LR output).

Profile photo of Mandel
    Mandel
    Participant

Thank you, I have read that and I also thought that this might be my solution, but after Experimenting, I was able to confirm that ‘postfader’ only makes it follow the ‘input’ level to the mains, Which means that I’m required to move individually each channel fader. (Unless there is such a thing of ‘Groups’, but I’m pretty sure, there isn’t.) But thank you for trying to help. God bless you!

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

You’re right. An option for the AUX OUT “follow Main L/R fader” could be useful here and is missing.

Profile photo of Mandel
    Mandel
    Participant

Wow , that would be an easy solution. I didn’t think it would be that easy:)

Profile photo of BobbyDazzler59
    BobbyDazzler59
    Participant

DCA addition gets my vote too.

Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of WillM
    WillM
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Gbor23
    Gbor23
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.