Ipad instead laptop for play music with QU as USB card

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Ipad instead laptop for play music with QU as USB card

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Vadik Vadik 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vadik
    Vadik
    Participant

Hello!
    It is possible to connect Ipad in USB port instead laptop for play music with QU as USB card?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I seem to remember somebody saying they’d plugged a tablet into the USB B port via a camera adaptor of some sort. Was quite a while back, and I can’t find the post now….

Anybody else remember that, or am I dreaming?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

That was about multitrack streaming via USB: Qu and iOS streaming and Recording to iPad
    So I guess streaming only stereo should work as well. I’m personally using AirPlay since I do have a wireless connection for remote control anyway.

Profile photo of J3phMP
    J3phMP
    Participant

Andreas, what is the hookup for airplay to the QU? Is it streaming in, as in to a particular channel?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

AirPlay is a function of an Apple AirPort Express router, which I always have attached for wireless remote control my Qu. Just strap a Mini-TRS to 2xTRS cable into ST1 or ST2 inputs and switch playback on your iPad to use AirPlay.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Yep, and with the help of a little program called Airfoil one can even stream to the Airport from a Windows computer. Works like a charm !

Giga

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Any reason not to use ST3 – or are you wanting multitrack playback?

Profile photo of Vadik
    Vadik
    Participant

I dont want use Ipads sound card…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.