Introduce hard/soft muting

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Introduce hard/soft muting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alec Alec 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

As far as I can see, Mute groups on SQ are hard, i.e., the only way to unmute a channel that’s muted as part of a mute group is to deactivate the mute group. This is often inconvenient, and it would be great to be able to use the channel mute key to override the mute status of that channel.

The main use case for this is where I have a mute group across a whole band stage, but then an anouncement is needed from the main vocal mic. The only way to unmute that mic is to deactivate the mute group – which obviously unmutes everything – hardly ideal.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

a simple answer is to assign a separate mute to the potentiaL “MC CHANNEL” then mute group the rest of the open mics. Been doing this for a long time in the Bluegrass world where constant tuning between song selections can be a problem with some bands that have developed bad habits.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

Indeed, Hugh, that’s a way round it where it’s always the MC mic.

Having said that, it’s not uncommon in the house PA guy world to have random needs to un-mute unexpected single channels. It was a piece of cake with the old X32, but is one of the small number of irritations with SQ.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.