Individual mix/processing portability

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Individual mix/processing portability

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Mark 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bill-NC
    Bill-NC
    Participant

We’re coming from a PreSonus 24.4.2 where we had the concept of individual mixes (fat channel) that could be dropped on any input channel. This is handy for singers where we have eq/comp/gate needs. These singers move from mic to mic, at times weekly so we just drop their mix (Fat channel) on whatever mic (input channel) they’re using that week.

I’m trying to figure out the most efficient way to get that same functionality on the SQ6 for our weekly sound personnel ease of use. I’ve got the new SQ6 mostly set up, but we have a couple people that I really need to have their mix right out of the box before putting the board in place of the 24.4.2.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

I don’t know Presonus so not exactly sure how these two workflows differ. However, I think what you are asking for is how you save a complete channel for a user and recall that at a later time on a different input. This is done through saving and recalling libraries. Check out page 64 is the user manual where it tells you how to do this including the entire “input channel”

https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/05/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

Profile photo of Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

Unfortunately, the manual is rather vague about how to save the whole channel.

You do it from the screen that shows 8 channels at a time. Select the one you want to copy with the SEL button, then touch the LIB button and save it into a USER slot. Channel settings can be recalled the same way, from the 8-channel screen.

I had been wondering about this. Thank you mfusa for prompting me to figure it out.

Geoff

Profile photo of Bill-NC
    Bill-NC
    Participant

Thanks for the pointer mfusa. I’m a visual learner so I went right to youtube and searched for libraries. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI2OTP_bXnM This should do the trick for what we need.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

we just drop their mix (Fat channel) on whatever mic (input channel) they’re using that week.

You could also just repatch their current input to the same channel, and not have them in a different place on the mixer every week.

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

Glad you found the video helpful!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.