I/O Routing Patch Warning Info

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions I/O Routing Patch Warning Info

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flo84 Flo84 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MityVee
    MityVee
    Participant

It would be great to have an additional warning pop up when trying to patch an I/O that is already routed to one or several destinations. In a more complex routing setup showing
    a message “This I/O is already patched to “…x/y…” would greatly help to avoid unintentional cutting of connections when things need to be fast. It would make you see “Yes, that is the patch I want to cut!”
    Also with swiping through the patch columns it has happened to me that I accidently made a patch. Then you have to really think or find out again where it was patched originally to restore it.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

that’s why the patch button is there
    just to avoid unwanted patching while navigating through the pages

Profile photo of MityVee
    MityVee
    Participant

I usually enter the patch mode and then do all the patching not having to press “patch” for each individually. And I find it useful having an info pop up stating the connection you’re about to cut because usually in more complex setups one doesn’t have the whole routing scheme in mind. But usually you know what connection you better do NOT change..

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

a pop up message will slow down workflow…
    I understand your wish, but after all, I don’t like the idea

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

You can find such confirmation message of “patch steals” for instance on Yamaha consoles. I would add it but make it configurable, similar to other confirmations like loading a scene and stuff like that.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Another option for me would be when you can tap on the output socket or input channel and then you can see the current assigned patch.

Profile photo of MityVee
    MityVee
    Participant

Yes, I know this feature from yamaha QL / CL consoles and find it to be very useful and not slowing me down at all.
    But Mfk is right, having additional info available about the source or destination of a patch would also do the trick.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Another option for me would be when you can tap on the output socket or input channel and then you can see the current assigned patch.

That’s exactly how it works right now on the i/o page of dLive …
    So maybe not too hard to implement for SQ?

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

+1 for a patch steal warning! 🙂

Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi,

Probably it’s not clearly indicated but in the I/O patch page the case background colour are not the same if the channel is already patched anywhere. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.