How to mount mix with Expandable Outputs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions How to mount mix with Expandable Outputs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johan Velthuis Johan Velthuis 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bminozzi
    bminozzi
    Participant

Hello, I just bought 1 sq5 + 2 DX168 and would like to understand 2 things:

1) With the 2 DX168 system I will have the total of 32 inputs and 16 outputs. Do these 16 outputs add up to 12 outputs from SQ5 to give me a total of 24 outs?

2) If the SQ5 table only allows me to physically control 12 outputs, how can I access the outputs of the DX168 to create an individual mix for each of them, is it via software?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Bminozzi,

The DX168 inputs and outputs can be used in addition to the SQ’s IO. So you can use up to 48 inputs and 28 outputs with this system and these are freely assignable, so you aren’t limited to how many outputs you can use, only to the amount of mix buses available.

On the SQ, you have 12 configurable mix buses which can be an Aux or Group and mono or stereo. This is in addition to the LR bus, 3 stereo matrix buses and the PAFL.

If you would like further assistance with getting your system set up, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of Johan Velthuis
    Johan Velthuis
    Participant

If you cascaded the DX168 units, you have use S-link output 17 from the Inout panel, to connect to output 1 of your second DX.
    If you have a hub, you have to press the S-link button twice to get to the second unit.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.