Headphone out for control room monitor

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Headphone out for control room monitor

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HODDERMAN
    HODDERMAN
    Participant

Will i need to adapt the headphone jack to monitor the Headphone buss thru monitor speakers?
    Can i Rout the Headphone buss to an output on back of console?

Profile photo of doctor_sound
    doctor_sound
    Participant

that’s a feature we are waiting for… 🙁

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

One thing I’ve always wondered is if AH engineers have ever consulted with recording and broadcast engineers. That would be one of the first things they would want. Available on many consoles mainly analog that I’ve used. I do broadcast with a GLD. I have to use the IEM as my CR level and PAFL. Seems so simple to route the headphone or PAFL buss to an output. Years now and it hasn’t happened while we get things we don’t need.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes, more features for our broadcasters would be nice
    I’m sometimes in the same situation,
    having corporate events where the console is more a broadcast console…

the Yamahas QL/CL are better on that… their monitoring matrix is really good

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi all,

This is something we are working on at the moment – we consult with engineers from all audio sectors, including recording and broadcast, and want to build a solution that works for everyone.
    We know there are features which are more important for individual engineers, but of course we want to satisfy as many people as possible!

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

“mix minus” comes to mind… 🙂

and the possibility to use mixes as monitor source instead of L/R

Profile photo of Danny-Lan
    Danny-Lan
    Participant

that’s a feature we are waiting for… 🙁+1

Profile photo of oli
    oli
    Participant

I am on the market for an SQ or something else. I am doing monitors tomorrow with a demo unit that I have at home right now . And I have just found out that there is no dedicated Cue mix output on this software… So, off to the TRS to XLR adapter box. Not the end of the world but you really want to be able to use both, not just on or the other. I hope the problem is solved by the time I make my décision for which unit I will buy. But apart from that I have to say the unit looks good.

Profile photo of Nige
    Nige
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I know this an older topic, but has there been any progress with this feature for the SQ5/6?

Cheers,
    Nige

KeithJ A&H

@Nige

Yes – this was implemented in V1.3.

We didn’t want to only have a PAFL patch to output sockets as the PAFL bus does not have an overall level/gain element -this is looked after by the physical phones level pot when using the headphone socket and the PFL trim control is for rough matching of PFL and AFL so you wouldn’t want this to affect both.

For this reason we introduced the Listen bus, which is fed from the PAFL bus but also includes level control and mono/stereo outputs for use with wedges in a monitor position live, or with nearfield/midfields in a studio/broadcast setup.
    The master fader can even be set to always control the Listen bus level, meaning you don’t accidentally adjust mix master output levels and always have your monitor level to hand instead.

If you’re using a wireless pack with it’s own level control or just want PAFL as-is to feed anything else, that can be patched too 🙂

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Nige
    Nige
    Participant

@KeithJ A@H

That’s awesome, thanks for the info.

Cheers,
    Nige

Profile photo of Mitch
    Mitch
    Participant

@KeithJ So if I understand we can use the PAFL as a 13 mix for feed Wedge or IEM ?

KeithJ A&H

@Mitch

The SQ core has 12 mono/stereo mixes which you can send inputs to and which include summing and processing, the PAFL/Listen bus on the other hand, can only be routed to using the PAFL keys (not pre/post send levels from each channel) and does not include any processing.
    So no, you can’t really use the PAFL bus as an extra monitor bus for performers if that’s what you mean – the PAFL/Listen bus is for the engineer.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.