GPIO Fire Mute AHM-64

Forums Forums Other A&H products GPIO Fire Mute AHM-64

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of switchwire switchwire 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of switchwire
    switchwire
    Participant

Hi-
    How does one setup a fire mute using the GPIO input on the AHM-64 ?
    Can’t seem to find any documentation or instructional video. Hoping to not need any additional hardware/card.
    Need to setup a contact for the Alarm/Fire panel to trip.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@switchwire

In AHM system manager, navigate to Configure/Controllers and then select in the Unit list, select Unit GPIO.
    You can then select GPI 1 or GPI 2 and using the drop down, choose for it to trigger an Input, Zone, Control Group, or Crosspoint Mute.
    Then you just need to select the channel and how the mute will work.

Hope this helps, but if you’re still having trouble, you can contact us directly through support.allen-heath.com

Thanks,
    Keith.

switchwire
    Participant

Thanks Keith!
    I see that area in the software, thanks.
    On the wiring block I see the GPIO “In” and there is a “1”, a “2” and a “down arrow”. What would be the wiring for an alarm/fire panel wire pair? One wire to the “1” and one wire to the “down arrow” ?
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It really depends on how your alarm system is configured. The AHM is set up to work in a lot of different scenarios. Is the contact on the alarm system “normally open” (NO) or “normally closed” (NC), etc, etc, etc?

switchwire
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    The alarm can do either NO or NC. I am trying to test with a bare wire and can’t seem to get the Mute to trip… I have setup “press” to be “closed” and “released” to be “open” between a wire to the GP input “1” and “ground” pins.

Of course , they have a fire inspection tomorrow and I am onsite just pulled in today to get this setup… 🙂

switchwire
    Participant

In other words, the little GUI for GP1/GPI corresponds to what on the terminal block on the back?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

On the back, there are just three pins for inputs (signals going into the AHM device). GP1 and GP2 obviously relate to the applicable GPIO input. The other pin is a common ground. Depending on the alarm system, you might be able to directly connect the two systems (Alarm GPIO out to AMH GPIO in), but other times you might need a power supply added to the system as well. I’ll post this as a generic example of some of the ways GPIO systems are wired. I have no idea how you will need to wire your system, although you should start by checking the alarm installation manual for their recommendations on using the GPIO outputs.

https://support.biamp.com/Vocia/Control/GPIO-1_wiring_schematics

switchwire
    Participant

Got it working! Thanks for the help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.