Gld112 SigGen advice

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Gld112 SigGen advice

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PauloS PauloS 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PauloS
    PauloS
    Participant

Hello,

Im using gld112 and recently i bought an ipad to use with remote app. Everything is working as it should but i havea question about sig gen and rta.

My goal is to walk around with my ipad and ket it pick up the pink noise from main PA so i can configure the room eq.

Im sending pink noise thru setup/audio/sig gen and the signal is going to L/r.
    However, i want to use my ipad to measure the rta. I cannot seem to get it working, no matter where i place my ipad the signal is always the same on rta.

Obviously i have to set a microphone to pick up the signal comming out of the speakers and isolate the mics rta but i dont know how to do that.

I see many people just walking around with ipads and configurimg the room with pink noise but atm no matter where i stand the meters always show the same. Can sny1 advice me on this ?

Profile photo of PauloS
    PauloS
    Participant

Also to clarify ; what am i eqing with the built in rta a d siggen; the speakers themselves withouth the room taken into consideration ?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Setup a measurement mic on one of your channels. PFL that channel, then the RTA will show what that particular channel is doing. Adjust your main EQ as needed.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

One more (obvious) note. Don’t turn up that channel in the mains, only PFL it to use the RTA with it.

Profile photo of PauloS
    PauloS
    Participant

Yeah i did that yesterday with the behringer omni mic 8000, wprking as i tended. I was wondering why people just walk and eq with ipad only but it seems that measures just the speakers withouth the actual room noise. Thank you !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.