Gate-Trigger-In

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Gate-Trigger-In

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Hello, I really miss a sidechain in for the gate….
    Yeah there is a ducker feature but I want the opposit function. I want to open the gate of channel 1 if there is sound at channel 2…

Would be real awesom and I think shouldn’t be such a big deal, because ducker already exists….

Thanks and greetings from Germany
    Chris

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Can I ask why?
    Not because I think it’s necessarily daft – I’m just interested to know what the application is…

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

@bob, Not sure about the OP’s uses, but I’ve read of techniques where the engineer might be generating a low frequency tone on a channel and they will use another channel (such as the kick drum) as a trigger to open up that gate very quickly and use a very fast release to close that tone channel. It adds some thump to the kick that EQ might not be able to do.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

OK.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

In the past I’ve done:

Make Bass get a bit louder on a Kick Drum hit – can be quite effective on some tracks, but needs using with care – it’s not a set & forget thing!
    With an electo-acoustic guitar, that you want to use a mic on, you can turn the mic up from the pickup signal which can clean things up nicely.
    Tone generator through a pressure pad to turn down a mic when nobody’s standing in front of it. Usually to reduce wind noise at outdoor shows.

I’m sure I’ve done other things too…………

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.