Ganging outputs?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Ganging outputs?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of litti litti 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Karsten
    Karsten
    Participant

I’m still wrong. Sorry, we’re only ordering the SQ now, so hadn’t have the chance to play around. But in looking forward upon receiving this nifty piece of equipment I try to clarify the possible setup in advance in my mind.
    So, I forgotten that Group/Aux channels do not have send levels. So I cannot setup different levels from the groups to matrixes (for church and stream mix). Only possibility is to create another dedicated group channel to have a second mix build up from scratch (individual input channels).
    But no, my thinking is now:
    Use a send/return FX channel instead!
    Have tfe FX do nothing or thomething, but that is optional. Main purpose of this special FX channel would be to sum up a new mix that can be created from input AND group channels. Than have the return of the fx go straight to a matrix channel. Thereby I do not need to use up another channel of the precious 12 grooup/aux channels to mix a dedicated stream mix.
    With this setup then again everything also works to have VCA’s defined exactly as is done the grouping with group channels.
    I hope this works…

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The auxes/mixes do have individual channel level sends. Groups do not have independent channel level sends. You can change the mode to be either a aux/mix or group.
    You would want to use a aux/mix for your live stream feed.

Mixes and groups all are available in the matrix mix

Profile photo of mateomici
    mateomici
    Participant

+1

it would be great for ringing out all monitors at the same time and removing room mods from entire system.

Thank you in advance!

Profile photo of litti
    litti
    Participant

Bump so it makes it in the wishlist for the first 2024 firmware update 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.