Ganging outputs?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Ganging outputs?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of litti litti 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of litti
    litti
    Participant

If the function already exists I wasn’t able to find it, otherwise it’d be cool and useful if we could gang outputs the same way GLD does, e.g. to link the LR master to an aux that feeds subs and/or frontfills.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The matrixes van set post master.

Maybe a solution

Profile photo of Dirty Steve
    Dirty Steve
    Participant

+1!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Put the masters on a DCA and use the DCA master as the overall level control.

Profile photo of litti
    litti
    Participant

Of course I could, my problem is that I’d like to have the fader always available as master fader outside the 16 fader bank

Profile photo of BarnabY
    BarnabY
    Participant

I support this request 👍 😀

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

+1
    Can be helpful!!

Profile photo of STEPHANVS
    STEPHANVS
    Participant

+1 from me too. Would gang sub’s Aux master with LR master.

Profile photo of Mick Tombstone
    Mick Tombstone
    Participant

yes please

Profile photo of Dean
    Dean
    Participant

Another +1

Profile photo of alberto.irrera
    alberto.irrera
    Participant

+1

…another feature I miss comparing my beautiful and well sounding SQ7 to my old (and ugly) Yamaha 01v96! Please!

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

This is a very reasonable request that I certainly support. Perhaps KEITH will be able to provide some inside info.
    Hugh

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Karsten
    Karsten
    Participant

+1,and here is why (for me at least):
    Main mix for church goes like this:
    Channels => Groups => L+R => Matrix
    Streaming mix goes similar:
    Channels => Groups => Aux => Matrix
    These long chains in order to have several points to insert effects…
    It would be great to have DCA’s which are ganged for signals from Group to L+R and Group to Aux.
    This way one could set up differennt mixes for church and stream (less volume for drums in one mix for instance) but had at the same time ganged VCA’s in order to adjust relative volume in both mixes at the same time. So one does not always has to think at the stream mix. Not everybody church have enough volunteers to have a sperate mix engineer for stream mix present.
    Am I thinking too complicated or am I missing something?

Profile photo of Karsten
    Karsten
    Participant

Oh, I got it wrong.
    So, I have input channels and group channels and additional output channels (main L+R and matrix channels). If I set up DCA’s with the same channels like I have done within the group channels, I can control the output level of a group with the dedicated DCA. I do not need to control the volume at the output of the group channel but can instead control volume at the input side instead. If I have linked the output of groups to several matrixes with different levels I keep those differences at the overall outputs when I change levels of input channels with DCA.
    I found my solution. But I don’t want to take anything away from all the requests that have been written within this post. I took me a while to think it the other way round…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.