Gang fader for same channel, different mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Gang fader for same channel, different mix

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of unclejemima unclejemima 5 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of unclejemima
    unclejemima
    Participant

Is it possible to gang the fader for a channel, say mic input #1 so that on my main mix when I turn the fader down…i can also turn down the fader on my sub mix, say mix 2 for my livestream?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Set Mix 2 in Post Fader mode.

Best Regards,
    Tobias

unclejemima
    Participant

Thanks Tobi.

That would generally do the trick, but but most of the inputs this would not work for in mix 2. For example, I have some choir mic’s what are fader zero for Main mix, but in mix 2, at unity.

Is it possible to just gang the one input fader for both main mix and mix 2?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

> … but but most of the inputs this would not work for in mix 2.
    Then just switch only the one channel to Post-Fader mode.
    Please also read the manual – in this case page 42.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Don
    Don
    Participant

We do something similar to what you are describing: some mics are not in the main FoH mix but are used for our livestream mix (e.g. piano mics, room mics). What we do is set all channels to post-fader so that the faders affect both the FoH and Livestream mixes. But for the channels not used for FoH we don’t route them to the L/R mix. Now, changing fader position of those channels even when you are mixing L/R FoH will only change them on the Livestream mix and they won’t ever be present in your L/R mix.

With the L/R mix selected, hold down ASSIGN. The SEL button on each channel will light up if it is assigned to that mix. uncheck any channels you don’t going to FoH. (in manual sheet 42 that SQuser attached above)

unclejemima
    Participant

Thanks guys. I took your advice.

Changed the one mic input to post fader so it adjust the FOH and Mix2 a the same time. Golden.

Also the advice about taking the inputs that do NOT need to be in FOH mix…I did that as well. I still keep the fader at zero on that input for the FOH mix…but even if you turn it up in the FOH…we won’t get a feedback disaster.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.