FX Insert

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions FX Insert

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have a reverb setup on my QU that is set for all vocals and I have a soft key set to mute along with a foot switch so I don’t have to locate the soft key on my iPad between songs. What I am looking at adding now is an additional vocal effect setup via FX2 as an insert just on one vocal channel for a particular song that was recorded in the 60s with this kind of two track vocal doubling.

So over the weekend I went ahead to set up this effect on our vocalists channel only to find out that I couldn’t mute it with an additional foot switch that I have. Within the settings for a soft key I cannot find a way of being able to mute this effect until required, if I pick the FX option that then just interferes with the reverb I have set up on FX1 and mutes. Is there another way of achieving this or is a case of manually muting FX2?

I didn’t investigate FX 3 or 4 as these are designed to be set as inserts?

Cheers

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Why not just use it in send/return mode, the same as your reverb? Obviously only sending from the one channel. That way you can easily mute the send or return.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Just out of interest, how did you set up the footswitch? Wouldn’t mind trying this on my QU PAC.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@mark,

Never thought of that, will grab my QU-SB out of the van and try that.

@Roy,

I use the QU-SB which has 1/4″ jack input for a single or dual foot switch if used with a stereo cable, not sure if the QU-PAC has that option?

Thanks

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Lee, sadly it doesn’t 🙁 Oh well, it’s not a biggie as I am always with the iPad at shows so mute the FX between songs from that.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Sadly the Qu-Pac does not have a foot-switch option. I often use Qu-Control on my spare iPad, or my phone, to give me some extra “quick access” buttons, but stomping on that is not recommended!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

When I first bought my QU-16 upon it’s initial release here in the UK I had a chat with the chap who does all my repair and mod work about originally making a foot switch just to mute the FX between songs. When I am out on PA hire duties I just mute the designated FX mix, but when on stage performing it can be quite difficult to hit the small mute button on my iPad.

He set to work and made prototype that worked great on his bench after he had acquired the correct protocol from A&H, I then moved the goal posts and asked he could make it a wireless foot switch, no problem was his answer. But as he was doing this mod as and when he had the time in between other work that was in & out of his workshop, quite some time had passed and the next thing I knew the QU-SB was being touted for release. So the foot switch build was scrapped and I purchased an SB instead.

On another entirely different request, I am on the hunt for a used AB168 stage box if you know of anyone who is selling within the UK, at one time of another they did pop up on eBay, but I haven’t seen one for some time.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

That’s a shame Lee – that footswitch may have had a market!

AB168s on eBay are quite rare, and even then the discount over new was questionable as to whether it was worth the risk. Buy high end new, sell high end high, I guess.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@Roy,

You are probably right, it may well of had.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy a new AB168, best price I have found so far is just over £800.00.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.