For each FX type are the presets represent different emulations of hardware?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions For each FX type are the presets represent different emulations of hardware?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sanyo Sanyo 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sanyo
    Sanyo
    Participant

After more than a year of using QU I still can’t get into FX modelling concept. Are all the “patches” of FX modelling different gear? For example, for Delay FX we have plenty of patches. I feel like those are not “patches” in classical meaning just saving the positions of sliders and buttons.

I feel like each patch is sounding different, like they are all based on different engines. Some patches have longer tails, some of them shorter (though settings can be the same after adjusting!). The same for reverb. Reverb FX has many pages of preferences. And patch, of course, change all of them. But I feel like the engines of Hall reverb is different than Plate reverb.

And even more confusing that for Flanger, Phaser and Doubler FX all the patches are sounding with pretty the same colour. Can someone please help to clarify?

Do we have in QU a ton of different modelled gear? Or is it just the one-per-FX engine model that dependent of positions of all the sliders/buttons?

Thanks mates!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.