First Show with my CQ20

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions First Show with my CQ20

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bhubb Bhubb 5 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bhubb
    Bhubb
    Participant

Did my first show with the CQ20 last night. My primary board is a X32 Rack, got this for smaller shows for quick set up.

Here is a quick overview of my experiences with the CQ20 –

Positives –

– Sounds great!
    – Built in wi-fi works great
    – Built in BT is very handy for break music and works well
    – I did add a larger antenna to the board

Challenges –

– Takes too many clicks to get around. Seems like the processing and faders tabs could be combined

– Really missed the signal generator, I use it at every show to test my speakers for proper hook up. The work around of playing a music file through all speakers is slow and you can’t split left and right mains

– Found the FBE to be hit or miss. And, to get enough bands to kill feedback manually, you need to choose the GEQ. Also miss the bar graph RTA here, much easier to identify feedback with a bar shooting up rather than the line.

I also tried using Mixing Station, works well, but there are things you can’t do with it, although, for mixing the show, I think I like it better. Still trying to decide the best way to identify and kill feedback with both of these programs, no winner so far.

I am sure I am missing a few things, but these jumped out at me. Would be happy to hear of others experiences and potential workarounds for some of these.

But overall, the board sounds great, very pleased and looking forward to further enhancements to the board.

Profile photo of Bhubb
    Bhubb
    Participant

PS – I also miss my Matrix’s, use them all the time…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.