Personal monitor Avantis

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Personal monitor Avantis

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of xav2 xav2 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of xav2
    xav2
    Participant

Hello

It is me ,or there is no App available like the SQ4y for SQ mixer for Avantis only on Ipad not on the phone ??

Thanks

Profile photo of jyradelix
    jyradelix
    Participant

You are correct. There is no dedicated monitor mix app for phones (Android or iOS). However, you do at least two options, depending on what you want:

• Create a custom layout in CustomControl. Once you’ve done that can have your users connect via the iOS or Android application. I’ve done this and it’s worked well. It did take some time to complete, but the band loved it.
    • Mixing Station now supports the Avantis mixer, so that’s an option with a cost

It would be nice to have a dedicated IEM/monitor app, but none of the other pro-level mixers (dLive or iLive) had them. And, if I remember correctly, other manufacturers like DiGiCo don’t have them either. I kinda get the idea that when you’re at the Avantis/dLive and higher level, there’s an assumption of a monitor engineer/monitor board present.

Profile photo of xav2
    xav2
    Participant

Thanks a lot i will try .
    We should have one, Avantis target are theater and church medium size there is no monitor guy .
    Thanks

Profile photo of pcunite
    pcunite
    Participant

Is this still the case? Yes, for churches, need a way for personal mixing via some method.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can create phone monitor app using Custom Control on Avantis and dLive.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The CustomControl app is the answer here. Yes it takes time and effort to set it up, but it works great for a “personal monitoring” software solution. It also has the added advantage that it works on iOS, Android, and Windows.

Here is a design that I came up with for personal monitors at our church. It works great.

Allen & Heath Custom Control design for musician’s personal monitors – updated

Profile photo of xav2
    xav2
    Participant

Thanks a lot, I’ve to try.
    I already set up each one, funny to make!!!
    I presume I will need a superpowerful Wi-Fi Router for 6 mixes.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You can add an access point to your existing router that is business grade like the Ubiquiti line. Their UAP AC Pro would be perfect. They can also be managed with a phone app.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I presume I will need a superpowerful Wi-Fi Router for 6 mixes.

Obviously you will need WiFi if you expect to wirelessly connect to the system with phones, tablets, etc. But the actual data usage by the app is not the much because the system does not pass audio – just the data to display the “widgets” and data when you make changes to a fader, etc. You certainly don’t need to rush out and buy the “latest and greatest” wifi gear if you already have wifi set up.

Profile photo of xav2
    xav2
    Participant

Hello, thanks a lot for all those precious infos.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.