Fader not going back to its previous position

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Fader not going back to its previous position

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of visitgec visitgec 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AudioBL
    AudioBL
    Participant

Hi there

We had an issue with a fader yesterday. After changing the layer and coming back to the previous layer, the fader stayed down at zero.

The same issue occurred last fall a few times on another fader. A&H told us that this would be a software problem. We the made this fader free from any inputs, DCAs etc. So nothing was on this fader from that day on.

But having the issue yesterday and lacking a firmware update I wonder what to do? Did anybody have similar issues?

Thanks
    AudioBL

Profile photo of philippe
    philippe
    Participant

Had exactly the same problem on a Dlive S7000 few days ago .
    Dlive updated with last version v1.93

Profile photo of AudioBL
    AudioBL
    Participant

It seems that there is a real hardware issue.

Profile photo of philippe
    philippe
    Participant

I just installed the update V1.13 on my avantis.

The first fader of the right bank is dead.
    it started to be strange with the GEQ mode just after the update 1.12 few days ago.

Now the fader is no more moving at all !!
    The fader was working perfectly 2 weeks ago, before the 1.12 update.
    I’m thinking a software problem more than an engine problem.

(the avantis never moves in a flycase, the avantis is in the studio with dust protection when switched off.)

Profile photo of AudioBL
    AudioBL
    Participant

Our firmware version is still 1.11.

The first issue we had was last september and now a second fader got on strike!

But all the problems with the firmware are disappointing.

And by the way: Our Avantis is with dust protection too.

Profile photo of Alan Anheath
    Alan Anheath
    Participant

We had fader issues pop up all of the sudden recently too and I fixed it this week. The issue was that our faders would return to a certain spot every time we changed layers. It not only moved the faders but changed the levels of the channel as well, so this was very disruptive. I was able to fix the issue by going through the process of recalibrating the motors and positions. We have not had the issue since.

Profile photo of Riodigital
    Riodigital
    Participant

There’s another thread with exactly the same problems:

Faders jump when changing layer

Profile photo of visitgec
    visitgec
    Participant

We have AVANTIS less than a year now. After the first upgrade to V 1.13 all faders motorization stopped working and faders stopped responding and adjusting volume levels. We contacted support and sent them all the info on the issue. Had to downgrade to V 1.11. The problem disappeared.
    Last 2 months having issues with 1 fader that keeps getting stuck, and when switching the layers, that stuck fader keeps adjusting the channel on every switched layer to the level where the fader is stuck.
    Had already couple incidents because of that during the service. Sometimes during the fader calibration process that faders won’t move at all or sometimes will start moving last. Sometimes after calibration it works fine just for couple minutes or sometimes it will work fine the whole service without problems. When putting that stuck fader in a gang with neighboring fader and adjusting the neighboring fader, the faulty fader linked through the ganging will follow but erratically with weird buzzing sound, until recalibrated. Calibration fixes the issue in 80%. Sometimes it won’t help. Sometimes rebooting the console fixes the issue.
    We upgraded to V 1.21 only 3 weeks ago, but that didn’t fix the stuck fader issue. Seems sometimes fader starts working if you slightly adjust it with a finger.
    Just recently got one more fader acting up. We have opened a claim while the console is still under warranty. It’s bit of a problem to send Avantis out for repairs, as we will need to use our old Soundcraft console as a substitute. The old one worked for 7 years with no problems.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.