Fader issue

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Fader issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rocky Rocky 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rocky
    Rocky
    Participant

Good morning,
    I have had my SQ6 since October 2018 and love everything about it. I use it live and to record in my home studio. It has been flawless on approximately 60 shows. I used it last week for 2 recording sessions in my home studio (humidity at 45%), then brought it to an outdoor show. The host of the party is also a musician and we used his p.a. with my SQ. As I called up the graphic EQ to reset it, the first 17 faders were all the way down (31.5-1.25K). The next 4 (1.6-3.15k) were all the way up. The last 3 (4-6.3k) were at the normal -10. If I hit the PEQ again, the last 7 faders are at -10 while all the previous ones are all the way down (infinity).

I tried recalibrating the faders and rebooted the desk 3 times. Same outcome. When I change layers or mix, the faders are all over the place, including the masters. I had the iPod playing and after switching layers and mixes, the volume went all the way up on its own. Needless to say, we could not trust it for the show. I tried loading different scenes and got the same results. We ended up using the host’s MixWizard for the show. It didn’t sound nearly as good, but it got us through.

I brought the SQ in the basement yesterday and am still getting the exact same results, even after (saving my show to USB and) doing a hard reset a couple of times. I am still on firmware 1.4.3

Anyone have ever seen this? Thoughts? Tips?

My dealer is mainly a production house and have been closed since COVID hit. I know the owner and might call him to see if he can put me in touch with his A&H rep. We had plans to record bed tracks over the next couple of weeks and have 2 shows on Sept. 5 & 6. I need my desk!

Thanks,
    R

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you should ask A&H directly via support ticket

Support

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

It may be worth installing new firmware. Three versions are available on the website: 1.3.2 1.4.4* and 1.5.0.

* The only change from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4 seems to be:
    Issues fixed:
    ID-1501: Factory reset could cause incorrect marking of scene storage location states.

But do contact support as Steffen says.

Profile photo of Rocky
    Rocky
    Participant

Thanks guys. Will contact Support. I used to follow these threads daily but haven’t in months. I did a few searches but didn’t find anything that matched my issue. I just thought I’d post here in case someone had a similar issue and had a quick fix. I have the stick in the desk and about to install 1.5. I had been waiting for the next firmware update to give A&H a chance to fix whatever bugs that were found in 1.5

Thanks,
    Rocky

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.