External Pre's and Outboard gear

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions External Pre's and Outboard gear

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ty Ty 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ty
    Ty
    Participant

Howdy all!

I’ll be building a touring FOH system with a S5000. There will be an S5000 at MONs as well, and I believe we would be gain sharing/tracking using a DM48s and a GigAce card. I’d like to incorporate my lunchbox at FOH, but I’ve never gotten the chance to do this on a dLive platform. I’d like to start the vocal and snare-top chains out by going through two SSL Six Pres. I’d also like my master buss to go through a WesAudio Prometheus EQ and Dione comp.

In thinking about the best way to accomplish this, and keep everything phase coherent, especially while using external preamps, is there a best practice for this with no copper going to FOH? Use tie lines? Would that introduce any sample delay?

Cheers,
    Ty

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

In thinking about the best way to accomplish this, and keep everything phase coherent, especially while using external preamps, is there a best practice for this with no copper going to FOH?

The A/D conversation introduces much delay to the signal chain. You need to compensate it by yourself.

Profile photo of Ty
    Ty
    Participant

Ok Steffen, thank you. Do we know how much latency is introduced if the signal path goes: RF receiver – Input socket on DM – Tie Line to FOH – SSL channel strip – input socket on surface? How much will I have to delay all other inputs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.