dLive V1.21

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We have just released a maintenance update of dLive firmware and Director software. The update fixes issues with the User Meters and South Area, as well as the Pan control not appearing in the Routing screen when the Mains are set to Individual strips. Available here

Profile photo of nzsimon
    nzsimon
    Participant

All done 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

How can I get my hands on one of these for my studio?
    Its called the wish list! 😐

Profile photo of bladeaudio
    bladeaudio
    Participant

So the firmware update instructions say to remove the gigaAce cables and connect the surface/mixrack via the network ports (in bold underline). All I have running between my mixrack and surface are two cables used for the gigaAce which have the “barrel” ends on them. Do I really have to change my connectors to fit in the network port to do the update?

(They are both able to be connected to a network via switches, etc. e.g. not a single cable connecting the two. Would this work for the update if I remove the GigaAce?)

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi bladeaudio,

Well spotted. We have just changed the firmware update instructions to recommend a Network connection. The reason for this is that in some circumstances, for example in case of an update failure or a mismatch of network settings, the gigaACE ports would not initialise correctly and the updater could fail to see the MixRack. In most situations, where the system is up and running, you can simply update via gigaACE.

To answer your other question, yes, you can connect both MixRack and Surface to the same network via switches (and disconnect gigaACE) to update firmware.

Profile photo of Andrew
    Andrew
    Participant

Rather disappointed yesterday to find that I couldn’t find version 1.20 of Director on the website. I wasn’t in a position to upgrade the dLive firmware to 1.21 as it was currently in use, so I couldn’t download Director software to match the firmware version.

Now there are two elements (firmware and Director) whose versions must match, do you think you should make all versions available for download, not just the latest?

Profile photo of aitho
    aitho
    Participant

Hi Nicola;

Is there any special update notes for systems includes DX32 racks and Dante cards. I am going to update a S7000 setup installed in TV studio with two DX32 racks one with AES input and other one AES outputs and M-Dante on surface.

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Aitek,

The DX32 Expanders are plug n play. The dLive will automatically update their firmware at connection, to match the version on the system. You need V1.1 or higher for the Expanders to work, but I’d recommend updating to latest firmware.

The M-Dante should not need any update either. Follow the M-Dante getting started guide for details on configuration.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi aitho

If required, DX32 units update themselves to the correct version automatically when connected to a system; you don’t have to do anything. The Dante firmware is totally separate to the dLive firmware, so you should not have to do anything for that either.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I was one of the unlucky souls who had the issue with the rack not recognising the update & failing to connect to the surface, there was a very nervous hour between finding that out & being talked through a hard reset by TAG support in Australia (big shout out for them being so on the ball though!)… I’ll update to 1.21 this week and hopefully no such issues using the other port 😉

Profile photo of aitho
    aitho
    Participant

@ahjeff and @NicolaA&H

Thanks for your fast responds.

I just updated the system this morning, its happened fast and clear. Everything ok.

Profile photo of bladeaudio
    bladeaudio
    Participant

How do I get my dLive on my network in order to use Director? (I don’t have a nice pretty 192.168.1.X network.)

When I change the IP address of the surface to be on my network/domain (and connect the surface ethernet port to my network.) then on boot up it doesn’t find the mixrack. (Giga-ace is still in place between surface and mixrack.) The mixrack is NOT connected to my network. The last time I connected both mixrack and surface it blew up the network.

Do I still change the MixRack IP address to be in the same subnet as the surface – even though it’s not connected to the network?

Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi bladeaudio, gigaACE tunnels your Ethernet ports so the MixRack is still connected to the Network, via gigaACE! Therefore yes, your MixRack IP must be on the same subnet as your Surface and computer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.