Director on Mac

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Director on Mac

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RS RS 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Waz
    Waz
    Participant

Hi all,

Have noticed that the latest couple of versions of Director are getting more and more jenky on my mac. Things not working sometimes, jerky mouse pointer, and just being really slow and unuseable. I am running 12.6.1 Monterey on an M1 Pro Macbook Pro. When I run it on Parallells, totally fine. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues. Thanks!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Supported MacOS for Director is up to Version 11 (BigSur). See their webpage.
    I can tell you, Ventura is even worth then Monterey….

Not getting any support for the last 2 OS versions for almost 2 years now, with the third iteration following this autumn. I can only think of A&H are not putting anymore effort into the old version, because they are completely reworking Director that will show its face with the release of dLive firmware version 2. When this will be, no one will tell you 🤷‍♂️

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I saw a recent Facebook post (it might have been yours in fact) and the suggestions were to turn off the built in Apple trackpad and use a real mouse. This worked for the individual, so anyone else having issues with “jerkiness” on an Apple product might want to do the same thing.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Mouse is bad on Ventura (Mac mini). Haven’t tried trackpad, though.

Profile photo of Runepune
    Runepune
    Participant

Yes, terrible response in Director on my Macbook M1 (Ventura)

Profile photo of matthiasHAU
    matthiasHAU
    Participant

Same issue on my MacBook Pro I7. moving the cursor selects unwanted things. Everything feels strange.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Version 1.9.8 should have brought compatibility with Ventura. (Haven’t tested it myself yet)
    @matthiasHAU, writing on topics like this should always contain what OS you are using. Otherwise it might just be seen as a rant….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.