Director Freezing Since v1.97 Update

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Director Freezing Since v1.97 Update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mikki Mikki 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Blueflash
    Blueflash
    Participant

Hi,

We have a DM32 without a surface that we operate exclusively via Director. This Mixer has been installed and in use since 2019. Last week we made 2 changes:

1. We added a Prime 8 analogue input card to our attached DX32.

2. We upgraded the firmware of the DM32 from 1.93 to v1.97 and the version of Director also from 1.93 to 1.97.

Since then there have been some instances of the surface in Director freezing for a few seconds. Anyone else had this? Am of the opinion that it’s more likely to be related to the update than the card.

Profile photo of andiabwaerts
    andiabwaerts
    Participant

I can not help but I also have the feeling director is quite sluggish. not really freezing but it often takes long to scroll through scenes etc.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The card has nothing to do with Director.

Maybe it’s a network issue? Did you change something in your network? A new device, for example?

Profile photo of Jimmy
    Jimmy
    Participant

1.97 very slow for me too. Also unable to save showfile to usb in 1.97. Using CDM48 and CDM64 with C3500. As new features have been coming out, the surface responses has slowed down significantly. Main thing for me right now is I can’t share me show file with another engineer in 1.97. Screenshots attached. I had the same USB drive in both times. I’ve tried it on Mac OSX Ventura and Windows 10. Same thing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jimmy
    Jimmy
    Participant

I’d also like to point out that I am offline when I am working on Director and the 1.97 software is just flat out slow. I clicked on things multiple times before realizing how slow it is. When scrolling through plugins, it is ridiculously slow.

Profile photo of Mikki
    Mikki
    Participant

Since I’ve been running 1.97 I have had to plug in my USB, plug out and back in before Director sees the drive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.