Director and iLive editor on same pc

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Director and iLive editor on same pc

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Underscore Underscore 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

I have downloaded and installed dLive director to help me learn the system before we get a new system purchased. I’ve noticed that now since I have installed Director I can no longer connect to my iLive system using iLive editor. Is this to be expected?
    I have re-installed editor, but have not un-installed Director.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?
    I’m on Windows 10

Profile photo of Loloverde
    Loloverde
    Participant

Howdy

Both softwares should run independent on one PC.
    I have them here on a Windows 8.1 and a Windows 10 PC. At least on the 8.1 PC I was connected to both systems.

I recomment to check your network settings. iLive and dLive use different IP adresses.

bye
    Rainer

Underscore
    Participant

Thanks,

I know I can connect with our recording pc(also Win10), so I don’t think it’s an iLive system issue or the audio network, but something in my laptop. I can ping each machine(and each device), and connect to the Shure mics with WWB on each machine.

Was just curious of it was related to the install of dLive software(on laptop only), sounds like it must be something else, I’ll keep looking.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

It works on my Windows 10 laptop. I have both iLive editor and dLive director running, both can connect to the systems as expected. Funny thing: It seems Director takes some parts of Editors configuration.

Underscore
    Participant

SOLVED….
    Something in the back of my mind said “you’ve seen this before…”
    I can say that it was not the install of dLive Director. It ended up being my Virtual Box network adapter was still enabled. Once I disabled that, it connected right up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.