delayline in church

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions delayline in church

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Martin Martin 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Martin
    Martin
    Participant

Hi, I’m a sound responsible, playing musician (bassplayer) and purchased recently a OU16 an a QU Pac. Great peaces of gear and I made a decent bargain.
    The Qu Pac is for our band and the QU 16 will be installed in the church.
    Here is my question: How can I bring one mix to serveral auxes with a little delay. For exemple L/R as main mix/layer. The same mix to 9/10 with 30ms delay and to 7/8 with another 25 seconds. Aditionally 5/6 or mono aux to the hearing aid/deaf loop without delay. All those auxes must be controlled by one fader layer without switching between the layers with the blue buttons at the right side. Is this possible? Thank you for your aid. Martin

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Let’s assume you’re using 10 inputs. If you assign all those inputs set to o dB post fader to mixes you want to use you have copies of your main mix that follow the main mix. Apply delay to taste.
    Because the Qu-16 doesn’t have DCA’s on it’s surface you need to use an iPad to assign the main mix + all the mixes you need to control simultaniously to a DCA. That will be your overall volumecontrol.

Good luck !

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

If I understand your post the QU16 will be used in your church and not the QU Pac.

For the QU16 to do what you want to do you will need to use the aux mix outputs.
    First set mixes 9/10, 7/8 and 5/6 all to post fade and post processing, then select each of those mixes and and set all the channel send levels to unity (about 75%), then hit the SEL button for that mix master fader in the processing menu you can set the delay time as
    well as EQ and compression/limiting. You may want to roll off some of the low end on the loop feed.

Using post fade aux sends those levels will track what is done on the main mix layer.

If using the QU Pac you have two matrix mix outs as well as sub group outputs…..how ever to get to all of those at the same time you would need to use the stage expansion box.

Profile photo of Martin
    Martin
    Participant

Thank you very much for your advice, everything works fine now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.