DCA changes apply to all outputs?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions DCA changes apply to all outputs?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mfusa mfusa 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pearsons11114
    pearsons11114
    Participant

Just started playing with DCAs. When I assign some inputs to a DCA, then adjust the fader on said DCA, _all_ outputs seem to be affected. That’s the intended behavior? Sure this is a live-sound newb question that is more about DCAs in general than this implementation. Thanks for any help.

If anyone has any pointers to read up on DCAs in general, e.g, the way it’s displayed on the inputs (original fader positions retained, and a separate cursor for the DCA changes), also greatly appreciated. It kinda makes sense but I’d like to feel more confident. I’m a musician (albeit with a technical background) doing sound for my bands, power-cramming. 😉 Thanks!

-Steve

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

Yes, any channel (that is in a DCA) will have its signal level offset by the DCA. So, if channel 1 is at 0DB, channel 2 is at -10DB, and DCA is set to -5 then channel 1 is effectively -5 and channel 2 is effectively -15. Keith does a good job at explaining, and showing how, DCA’s work on the CQ in the 1.2 video

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.