DAW – QU16 processing differences

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting DAW – QU16 processing differences

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Robot Rich Robot Rich 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Robot Rich
    Robot Rich
    Participant

Hi, I have trawled the forums and read the PDF manual and cannot find what my issue is. Simply put, I have ableton live, wrote a new track from scratch and processed it through the QU16 it is sounding amazing. Very happy. But, having listened again direct from my computer the track is quiet, extremly poorly eq’ed and has not mid or bottom end.

The question is how do I record the processed version(ther version of the track I hear through my monitors when writing the track through QU16)?

Sorry if this is really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Quiet is possibly a case of needing to be boosted back to 0dBFS (the QU has no,I always 0dB at -18dB for ease of use by analogue converts.

Robot Rich
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

How do change the pre fade to direct send? Is it set up – Audio – then an option on that page?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Have you got the full manual? not the quick start guide?

Robot Rich
    Participant

Yes I do I think I may of found out how to do it… I need to check it though. In the manual 6.7 Working with routing screens

Robot Rich
    Participant

Sorted it. Pre fade send was needed to be set to direct send on the specific channel

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

So many options 😉

Yes, if you aren’t lifting prefade then you’ll get rather different levels.

Robot Rich
    Participant

Indeed. Frustration over(for now) and I’m really keen to learn this beast inside out…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.