Dante Issue

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Dante Issue

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of e.49ersfan
    e.49ersfan
    Participant

So I just bought a SQ-7, Dante Card, and a AR24-12. I’m having an issue getting it configured. The inputs are working correctly on the SQ-7 either through the Local or Slink. The problem is with Dante. When I go to Dante controller I can see all the signals that are using the local inputs. Any input into the SQ-7 via AR24-12, I can’t see the signal in Dante controller. Probably a configuration issue, I’ll take any help you can offer.

Profile photo of Das
    Das
    Participant

Are you using a network switch between the Dante card, and virtual sound card? Direct connection is sketchy if it works at all

Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

I don’t think AR24/12 is available as a Dante-equipped device. Dante controller will only find Dante equipment. Does that make sense?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Yes makes sense.

The Dante Controller will not see the local inputs or any S-Link inputs on the mixer. Never. This is simply not possible.
    Dante Controller can see the Dante part only.

SteffenR
    Participant

Ah, forgot to mention, Dante Controller works on direct connection if the card is set to switched mode.
    Primary socket connects to Dante devices, secondary port can connect to a computer with DVS and Dante Controller.

But, in redundant mode you can connect the computer to the primary port, then you will see DVS and the Dane Card only, and no other devices are possible.

BTW, DVS isn’t capable of a redundant connection, so it needs to connect to the primary networks.
    There comes the switch into play.

e.49ersfan
    Participant

Yeah the local inputs show up fine it’s just the inputs from the AR24-12. So do I need to buy a DT168? Do they make one with more than 16 inputs? Do they make a Dante card for the AR24-14? Thanks

e.49ersfan
    Participant

What about using tie lines? Would that work?

SteffenR
    Participant

What is the goal?

Profile photo of Adethefade
    Adethefade
    Participant

SteffenR asks pertinent question: and you can combine S-Link with Dante….but to answer yours, you do need Dante-enabled stage boxes to use with a Dante system, the DT168 being the obvious choice from A&H. The whole point of Dante though, is that it transcends brand. If you can find a Dante-enables input box from any manufacturer it will work on your Dante network. From personal experience I’d say that anyone intending to adopt Dante should complete the Audinate level 3 certification as a baseline. Dante is fantastic, but it’s not something anyone should fiddle around the edges of: you need to understand the networking concepts involved.

SteffenR
    Participant

AMEN!
    Oh, it wasn’t a prayer. 😉

e.49ersfan
    Participant

I already use Dante on a Behringer X32 to feed 3 computers running Dante Virtual Sound Card. I’m adding the SQ-7 to the mix and need to send the signals to the Behringer X32. I was able to patch using tie lines S link to I/O which is the Dante card. My question now is by patching it this way is it a direct out before any processing happens?

Profile photo of Runepune
    Runepune
    Participant

Yes, it’s without any processing whatsoever. If you want to process it, you can rather patch direct outs to the Dante card. You can then choose where in the processing chain the signal is sent to Dante.

e.49ersfan
    Participant

Okay thanks, that’s what I want.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Glad you figured it out.

I was going to clarify that while Dante Controller won’t “see” the stage box itself (because it’s not a Dante enabled device), you absolutely should be able to send the I/O of that stage box through the console’s Dante card. Obviously you have figured this out already. I just want to make sure that anyone reading this thread in the future doesn’t think they have to use a DT box if they have a Dante card in the console and want to send the I/O of the non-Dante stage box to another Dante device. You can use this signal chain: Stage box I/O -> Console via SLink -> Dante card installed in console -> other Dante devices/Dante controller. The Dante devices will see the console’s Dante card, but you can route the stage box I/O through the consoles Dante card using the routing tab in the console software.

Profile photo of J
    J
    Participant

I’m also looking to do almost exactly this – AR2412 connected to SQ7 console via SLink > using Dante card to feed a Livemix monitor system.

To clarify – when you say you can route the stage box I/O through the consoles – do I have to use tie lines to send the SLink channels to the Dante Network output?

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.