CQ style replacement for 10 year old QU

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions CQ style replacement for 10 year old QU

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Highflyer1953 Highflyer1953 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of petrav
    petrav
    Participant

First of all: I LOVE my CQ18T. I can do 60% of all ny videojobs with it. I do however still need my QU, which will be 10 years old in about 2 weeks. With the CQ, all mixers apart from the QU are in 96khz FPGA.
    Time to replace this.

Let’s call it fictionally the MQ.
    The MQ would replace the QU range. The MQ would ideally come with 24 or 32 inputs. In both cases 16 local, rest via s-link.

The MQ is meant to be smaller then the SQ in size, using design cues from the CQ. The top part looks a lot like the CQ18T, but with a larger screen which allows a scrible strip in the lower part of the screen, just like the avantis. The MQ would however have 8+1 faders, and extra buttons to switch between banks (1-8, 9-16, 17-24, (not on 24 version) 25-32, FX, Mix 1,2,3,4,5+6)
    The screen follows the CQ style GUI.

I’m in the market for a 24 input version with s-link support!

Profile photo of petrav
    petrav
    Participant

Forgot to mention. Idally the fictional MQ would be the size of Yamaha’s DM3 mixer

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

I can well believe that the A&H research boffins have perhaps already thought long the same lines! It certainly seems a great idea, a really portable, but powerfully expandable 96hHz A&H mixer. Just imagine connecting a DX32 with Prime Input boards, to such a device, oooh the sound quality!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.