CQ-20B with Audition

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ troubleshooting CQ-20B with Audition

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WORT-FM WORT-FM 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WORT-FM
    WORT-FM
    Participant

We recently installed a CQ-20B as our main multitrack interface. Once it was hooked up I loaded a signal through the first 8 inputs and ran that into Audition and it recorded flawlessly and easily
    When I went to play it back there was no sound output through the CQ. We ran our audio through the CQ ASIO Driver that came with the CQ device and the output choices appeared to be the same as the input options (Channel 1 Out, Channel 2 Out, etc through 24) which made no sense and we were not able to determine how to route audio from the computer through the CQ device.

We’d never worked with ASIO before so I did some research and downloaded ASIO4ALL and installed that as an option. With some tinkering we were able to get Audition audio out of the CQ through the headphones and the main stereo pair XLR out. But the inputs that the ASIO4ALL list do not correspond to what the CQ device has. So we can record with the CQ driver and playback with the ASIO4ALL driver. Which works but seems totally stupid.

It seems like the CQ driver should be able to do both things but I have not yet figured out how to work that and would welcome troubleshooting. I can provide screen shots.

We are using
    CQ-20B
    into a Windows 11
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700T CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
    Recording with Adobe Audition 2024

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

@wort-fm

When playing back audio into your CQ you need to change all the corresponding channels to USB. Go into the config screen, select all and change to USB from the box bottom left.

All audio will now playback onto their corresponding channels.

Profile photo of WORT-FM
    WORT-FM
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Forgive my novice response here but “change all the corresponding channels to USB” as in: do that in Audition? Or in the CQ mixer interface?

Profile photo of WORT-FM
    WORT-FM
    Participant

Nevermind, I figured it out! Thank you for the help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.